Disputes Over Inheritances
When inheritance disputes arise, it can cause upheaval amongst family members. What people believe they are entitled to and what is actually stated in a will or trust can differ greatly. When an inheritance dispute does arise, it is important to take quick legal action to prevent an abuse of the estate and to preserve family relationships.
At Russo, Rosalina, & Co., LPA, we take a proactive and pragmatic approach when handling inheritance-dispute issues. We look at the human as well as the legal components surrounding these issues. If you have a probate issue that requires experience and sensitivity, please do not hesitate to contact us today to schedule a consultation at our Mayfield Heights or Parma offices.
Resolving Inheritance Disputes
An inheritance dispute can arise from a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- If someone believes he or she was unintentionally left out of a will
- If someone contests the contents of the will or trust because they believe the deceased was incompetent at the time the document was drafted and executed
- If someone believes their inheritance should be the same or more than someone else’s
- If someone believes their inheritance has been wrongfully denied to them
- If someone’s inheritance is not given to them because of an issue with concealed assets or mishandling of assets on the part of the person trusted to administer the will or trust
Your Solution Starts With A Consultation
Our attorneys can help resolve an inheritance dispute by negotiating amongst the involved parties or litigating the matter, if necessary. In cases of inheritance fraud, we will investigate the allegations and can defend or pursue them if they are valid.
We understand that losing a loved one is hard enough without the strain of an inheritance dispute creating additional stress. Our goal is to help you resolve these matters efficiently and swiftly, while minimizing the impact these situations have on the family. Call or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation to speak with a firm you can trust.