Dissolution Of Marriage Is An Alternative To Contested Divorce
Today, fewer people are getting divorced, and it’s not always by choice. Many couples who would prefer to divorce stay married because they simply cannot afford to get a divorce. If you are concerned about the high cost of divorce, you have another option.
Dissolution of marriage offers a faster, easier and less expensive way to end a marriage than contested divorce does. In today’s economy, it’s an attractive option.
Dissolution of marriage is sometimes called no-fault divorce. It’s a process in which the two parties resolve their issues with the help of an attorney. Both parties make a full financial disclosure of their assets and liabilities. Then they work to develop a plan for resolving all their issues, including:
- Child custody and the development of a parenting plan
- Spousal support
- Division of marital assets and debts
Once both parties reach agreement on how to settle these issues, our attorneys will draft the appropriate documents and submit them to the court. Dissolution has distinct advantages over a contested divorce, which include the following:
- It costs significantly less.
- It’s faster. You can end your marriage in as little as four to six weeks. A contested divorce can typically take six to 10 months.
- It’s more flexible. You have more control and more options. You and your spouse will craft a plan based on your own needs and objectives.
We Will Help Determine If Dissolution Works For You
To discuss your specific situation, please use our online contact form or call us at 440-663-1535. From our offices in Parma and Mayfield Heights, we represent clients throughout northeast Ohio.