What To Look For In An Estate Planning Attorney
Choosing the right attorney is critical for estate planning, as you must work with someone who gives your case the time and consideration it deserves. At Russo, Rosalina & Co., LPA, our lawyers treat every client with the utmost respect, investing themselves in the matter to design the right estate plan for each client.
What estate planning means for you may be far different than what it means for someone else, and our team works hard to consider your specific needs and your desires for the plan. With over 30 combined years of experience, our attorneys understand what it takes to meet the goals that each client has and provide an estate plan that makes end-of-life decisions and the transfer of assets as easy as possible. They take the time to create a custom strategy that is tailored to your needs and addresses all your questions and concerns.
Key Areas To Consider
In addition to experience, below are a few key things to look for in an estate planning attorney:
- A strong firm focus on estate planning: You need someone who knows the nuances of this complex area of law.
- Options to update and maintain your estate plan: It’s wise to do this frequently, especially after big life events like a marriage, a divorce or the birth of a child or grandchild.
- An attorney who makes you comfortable: Estate planning involves a discussion of personal life details, and you need someone who puts you at ease and demonstrates compassion and a willingness to help.
- Experience with all options and considerations: This is about far more than just writing a will. You may need to determine end-of-life directives, a legal power of attorney, a medical power of attorney, revocable and irrevocable trusts, business succession planning and more.
What Does An Estate Planning Attorney Do?
Like with any legal matter, hiring an attorney to help you ensure that everything is done correctly can make a huge difference in your result. Estate planning attorneys are well-versed in the laws that impact how your estate will be valued, distributed and taxed under state and federal law.
When you work with an estate planning attorney, you can create an individualized estate plan based on your unique needs instead of generic online forms. You also will be able to have your questions answered, and your options thoroughly explained to you. We can prepare important forms and documents, such as wills, and prepare trusts and power of attorney documents for health care or financial decisions.
It is never too early or too late to start an estate plan and to meet with an estate planning attorney. We can help you at any stage of the process, from explaining your options to assisting with estate administration.
Questions To Ask When Choosing An Estate Planning Attorney
Choosing an estate planning attorney is an important decision. There are many factors you should consider, including location, reputation, years of experience and fees. During an initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to ask questions to help you determine if an attorney is the right fit for you.
Some questions to ask when choosing an estate planning attorney include:
- How much will it cost?
- What is included and not included in your fee?
- What happens in the first meeting?
- What if I want to make changes later?
- How much of your practice is focused on estate planning?
At Russo, Rosalina & Co., LPA, our experienced attorneys are here to answer your questions about us and the process itself. Whether you need help drafting a will or navigating a probate dispute, we have the skill and knowledge to help you.
We’ve Been Serving Northeastern Ohio For Decades
Do you want to learn more about how our lawyers can help with estate planning? We encourage you to call us at 440-663-1535 at your earliest convenience, or you can connect with us online. We look forward to hearing from you.